I am delighted to present to you all Marie Silk; she’s the author of the Davenport House book series.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I live in the United States and can usually be found cooking in the kitchen and spending time with my family. I also enjoy travelling. I hope to see all of the countries of the world in my lifetime.
2. Why did you start writing?
Friends and family have always encouraged me to write a book. After years of writing short stories and screenplays, I finally decided to write a novel. The result was an emotional family saga titled Davenport House. It is unlike anything else I have written because it is serious. Most of my writing up to this time has been comedy and satire. I have enjoyed exploring the human condition in a historical setting with this new series.
3. What are you currently reading?
I am currently re-reading the classics: H.G. Wells and Verne. I love the adventure and classical setting of the stories. My current writing projects are books 4 and 5 to the Davenport House series, as well as preparing an outline for a stand-alone contemporary fiction.
4. What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
My advice to aspiring writers: if you can write, please do! Get feedback from strangers rather than friends and family. Fine tune your work, correct any typos, and publish!
And now for a game of “Which Do/Would You Prefer?”
1. Books or movies?
2. Dogs or cats?
3. Summer or winter?
4. Cake or ice-cream?
5. Car or motorcycle?
6. Ebook or physical book?
7. Nights out or nights in?
8. Living in the city or living in the country?
9. Having telepathy or having telekinesis?
10. Being able to travel to the past or being able to travel to the future?
11. Making a phone call or sending a text?
12. Travelling by car or travelling by airplane?