Today’s guest is J.L. Hunt–author of the children’s books Beautiful Boy and Beautiful Girl.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Well, I’ve always had a heart for children & writing. I’ve also worked several years caring for children as a Professional Nanny.
2. When did you start writing?
I’ve enjoyed writing for as long as I’ve been able to write, since grade school actually. I always looked forward to writing stories & compositions.
3. Tell us about your books’ titles.
“Beautiful Boy” is an inspiring, poetic story I wrote for little boys.
“Beautiful Girl” is also in a poetic tone that was written to cater to little girls.
4. What’s the moral of Beautiful Boy and Beautiful Girl?
The moral to both books is, regardless of your popularity & imperfections, you are Beautiful!
5. Do you listen to music as you write?
Sometimes. If I do, it is usually something that is mellow & soothing.
6. Do you like to write in public places, or do you seek out isolation?
7. In your opinion, what makes a story ‘good’?
When you cannot wait to get to the next page & truly feel impacted by what you are reading
8. Any project in the works?
My next book is, “Smart Girl/Smart Boy” coming soon 🙂
And now for a game of “Which Do/Would You Prefer?”
1. Books or movies?
2. Summer or winter?
3. Dogs or cats?
4. Cake or ice-cream?
5. Car or motorcycle?
6. Ebook or physical book?
7. Nights out or nights in?
I like both, but probably “in” more
8. Living in the city or living in the country?
9. Making a phone call or sending a text?
Depends on the message, but texting
10. Staying in a hotel or going camping?
11. Going without internet access for a week or going without watching any movies/television shows for a week?
Without Movies/TV (Can watch online!)