Krista Wagner, author of Rian Field, is with us today. Please join me in extending her a warm welcome! Before we get to the actual interview, let’s take a moment to learn a bit about Rian Field.
Rian Field is living her dream as a Marine Biologist, but when she is attacked by a shark, it triggers memories from the past and changes her understanding of her present world. After surviving the shark attack, Rian Field continues her work at the Institute, determined to live her routine life. But as she attempts to cope with her growing post-traumatic stress outbreaks, she is plagued both by memories of an earlier trauma and a sudden onslaught of mysterious and ominous events. She soon finds herself immersed in an inescapable danger as she suspects that her former assailant is still threatening her life–and may be someone close to her; more disconcerting, though, is the growing certainty that the trauma is somehow connected to the shark attack, compelling Rian to uncover the truth of her past and discover who is after her.
1. Tell us about yourself.
I am from San Bernardino, CA and currently reside there as well. I am a college professor and teach English courses. My all-time favorite film is Jaws and I am scared of butterflies.
2. When did you start writing?
I started writing creatively when I was seven, specifically plays and songs. My latest published works are novels (The Gold, a middle-grade fantasy, Rian Field, a psychological thriller, and Intent, a spiritual dramatic thriller).
3. Using five words or less, describe the protagonist in Rian Field.
Rian Field is the protagonist in Rian Field: ambitious, hopeful, terrified, haunted, truth-seeking
4. Any project in the works?
Project in the works is a Contemporary YA Realistic-issue driven novel about a high school senior who is dealing with emotional darkness and secrets.
And now for a game of “Which Do/Would You Prefer?”
1. Summer or winter?
2. Cake or ice-cream?
Mint chocolate chip icecream
3. Car or motorcycle?
4. Ebook or physical book?
5. Nights out or nights in?
6. Being able to travel to the past or being able to travel to the future?
7. Making a phone call or sending a text?
8. Travelling by car or travelling by airplane?
9. Staying in a hotel or going camping?
10. Working in a group or working alone?
11. Losing all of your money or losing every picture you’ve ever taken and every picture that has ever been taken of you?
12. To find true love or to win the lottery?